Don’t you hate it when you are full of purpose and passion and then someone comes and crushes your dreams? Over the years, I have had to learn to take feedback. As a writer, my first feedback point is my editor. I have had to mature in this relationship. Sometimes feedback can seem harsh, but then I have to ask myself what the motives are of the person giving me the feedback. I think of all the war movies I watched when the training officer is brutal and then I ask, “Is it better to take feedback from someone who has a vested interest in your success, or get little “kindnesses” from someone who is not impacted by your success or failure?” I know that the more soldiers who die in a battle, the weaker the army will be. So taking feedback from your trainer whose success lies in your success not only makes common sense, it is a survival tool. Over the years, I have had to learn to toughen up. Because my enemy wants to see me fail and my trainer wants to see me succeed. It ...
Comments
Post a Comment